Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Problem Plz Help!

From: Ron <iago () valhallalegends com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:58:59 -0500

Well after dusting off the old C knowledge I started looking through the source yesterday.  I can confirm that I have
been having this problem since 3.84Alpha1 on Windows.  From what I can tell the issue is happening in targets.cc
around line 416 when it attempts to resolve MAC addresses of hosts.  My C knowledge is pathetic at best but I believe
that nmap is getting into this block of code by accident as it looks like it should never hit this section unless it
is actually on the local subnet.  Also has anyone seen this error on anything other than Windows XP???

Sean

As Xavier said, try diff'ing the oldest source code that doesn't work
with the newest source code that works.  That should tell you what's
changed, and hopefully you'll see what the problem is.

Ron