Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: RFE: make more functions and variables static

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:54:06 -0800

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 02:47:44AM +0300, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
Hi,

While updating my drop-priv patch for nmap-4.01, I noticed that nmap *.o
files define a lot of global symbols, obviously more than necessary.

I wrote a simple script (for GNU/Linux) to find potential symbols which
could be made static:

Whew, that is a lot of symbols!  But I went through them all and made
the vast majority of them static (a few I was able to remove
entirely).  The change will be in the next version of Nmap.  Thanks
for the list and script.

Cheers,
-F