Nmap Development mailing list archives

summer of code: netcat

From: "Jakob Lechner" <lechner.jakob () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:54:56 +0200

Hi,

My name is Jakob Lechner and I'm a computer engineering student at the
Vienna University of Technology.
I saw at your Summer of Code page the idea of creating a better version of
netcat.
I like to participate at this year's Summer of Code and I was immediately
interested
in this project idea. I even started programming a little prototype in order
to get
used to the functionality of the nsock library. But then I have found that
there already
exists a nmap-netcat project at sourceforge.
So should this project be used as starting point for the SoC project?

You also proposed to write an own hping. Is this a separate project or
should this
be done together with ncat. Has there already been any nping-project started
or has this
to be done from scratch?

Maybe you can tell me some details about the project(s), so I can prepare a
suitable application.

Thanks in advance!
Jakob Lechner