Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Time to lose gen1 OS detection?

From: Max <nmap () webwizarddesign com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:52:53 -0400

I agree, great idea :), how about even one step further, a plugin
(shared library) framework for nmap?  That way v1 scanning could stay
around as an optional plugin that could be used if desired.

I know that 'plugin framework' is much easier :p to say than implement
in a tool like nmap, but it would be  a killer feature in my opinion
.. Lua could then become a plugin, etc .. could make it easier to
maintain nmap as new features are added too as the core nmap framework
then doesn't have to grow as features are added.

- Max