Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: zenmap on Mac - install problem

From: Walt Scrivens <walts () gate net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 08:19:39 -0500

Thanks!
I will take your advice and wait....
I've been using nmap from the command line for a long time and a GUI
is just icing on the cake.

Walt

On Dec 14, 2007, at 1:03 AM, David Fifield wrote:

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 04:54:04PM -0500, Walt Scrivens wrote:
I just downloaded and installed the nmap 4.50 tarball on a Mac
running
Leopard.

The README in the zenmap/install_scripts folder refers to a
nonexistent macosx folder:

-------
Generating Mac OS X App:

1 - Install the required dependencies for Mac OS X (including PIL)
2 - Run install_scripts/macosx/generate_macosx_app.sh

Obs: Some path adaptations may be needed in the script above in order
to make
it work in your system.
-------

nmap works fine, but I'd like to have the GUI as well if possible.
Help, please?
(The unix instructions appear to be wrong, too.)

Sorry, those instructions were out of date. Package building for Unix
and Windows is now handled by the Nmap makefiles. The scripts in
install_scripts don't have to do with building packages anymore. I
have
updated install_scripts/README in Subversion.

Zenmap on Mac OS X is a work in progress. See
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q4/0497.html for Fyodor's request
for
a .app package and
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q4/0490.html for how to override
PYTHON to use a Fink or MacPorts Python installation. But you may be
better off waiting for a package because Mac OS X is missing many of
Zenmap's dependencies.

David Fifield