Nmap Development mailing list archives

SNMPv1public probe match line

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 23:15:53 -0500

While working on the SNMPv3 probe I notice that Doug had left
a comment in the nmap-service-probe file under the SNMPv1public
probe that indicated that more information could probably be
dug out of the response.  I looked at the traffic a bit and
see that the SNMP sysname string appears to be included at the
end of every host I queried (about 30).  I have attached a patch
that adds this match line just above the original line.

The patch places the sysname info within h// tags for lack of
a better place to put it.  I tried putting it in the i// tag
but the response seemed to be cluttered.

Thanks,

Tom