Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SNMPv1public probe match line

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:32:12 -0700

Hi Tom,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:15:53PM -0500 or thereabouts, Tom Sellers wrote:
While working on the SNMPv3 probe I notice that Doug had left
a comment in the nmap-service-probe file under the SNMPv1public
probe that indicated that more information could probably be
dug out of the response.

Thanks for all the fingerprints, especially for getting more information
out of SNMP and allowing me to remove the FIXME in the probes file. I
have checked in your match lines to SVN with a few minor mods:

* I added rarity 8 to the DB2 and pervasive probes so that they don't
  run under the default scan (except against the service's known ports).
* Usually we use o/IOS/ instead of o/Cisco IOS $2/ so I moved the
  IOS version info to the i// component. This for example makes the
  fingerprint submitter interface more consistent.

Thanks also to Matt Selsky for the DB2 match line improvements, and
to Brandon Enright for integrating some earlier FPs.

I think all the match lines you've sent to the list in the past
couple weeks have been integrated but if any slipped through the
cracks that's my fault--shoot me a message. Everything looks great!

Also, I noticed you have posted a few NSE scripts that haven't been
integrated yet. Sorry, that's not really my department and I don't
think I should be adding them with all the NSE work going on at the
moment. Bug the list later if these fall through the cracks. :)

Best,

Doug