Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Nmap 4.75 -- make error - Fixed

From: Aaron Leininger <rilian4 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 07:04:22 -0700

Try running configure again. Or enter the libdnet-stripped directory and
turn ./config.status if you configured already.
Running ./configure again then make seemed to work.

Makefile is created from Makefile.in by configure. It must have gotten
deleted somehow.

Apparently so but this still strikes me as odd. I ran no commands between ./configure and make the first time. I wonder
what would have caused the file to disappear....
I just realized something...When I first ran make, it errored out not finding g++. I'd never needed it to build nmap
before. I used apt-get and installed g++ and then ran make again w/o running ./configure again...Would that have had
something to do with it?

Thanks to David for his suggestion!
-Aaron