Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Nmap 4.75 -- make error - Fixed

From: Aaron Leininger <rilian4 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:53:46 -0700

I just realized something...When I first ran make, it errored out not finding g++. I'd never needed it to build
nmap before. I used apt-get and installed g++ and then ran make again w/o running ./configure again...Would that
have had something to do with it?

It seems more likely now that libdnet-stripped/Makefile was never
created in the first place. Do you remember which directory was being
configured when the g++ error occurred?

Alas, no. I should have saved the full output from make. I don't recall seeing anything odd when running ./configure
either time though.