Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New script - http-favicon.nse

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 23:25:29 +0100

But, if it's issue to use even MD5 db from OpenVAS we can rebuild the db
ourselves on the mailing list (with help from other people who use some
of these products). As I don't see any other problem beside MD5 sigs
(which I see everbody have). Implementation is mine, Idea is general and
already in multiple products: Nessus, OpenVAS, Nikto, etc...
Agreed. Certainly the "idea" of having a hash database for favicons is a reusable one, and there are certainly lots
more web servers
that could be added to the list.

And I would not stop at that. Most of the current md5 fingerprinting
implementations have only web server enumeration, I have added also some
popular CMS, wikis, etc enumeration through md5 favicon.

Kost