Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New script - http-favicon.nse

From: Sullo <sullo () cirt net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 00:31:10 -0500

dave-san wrote:
Maybe they are willing to contribute it to nmap?
I'd say it is likely, though it is probably unecessary.
I'm not sure how to take that. Licenses must be respected--so it is
definitely necessary. It doesn't matter if the license is OSS or
something really draconian--it needs to be followed (or challenged in
court, I guess!).

My mistake.. I think a bit of that was taken out of context, I didn't mean to say that the LICENSING was unnecessary
if the db was used
from Nikto. Rather, I was speaking in terms of the concept of generating a new hash database, (which might make the
licensing
unnecessary since the database would be generated here).

Ahhh... I totally see what you were saying now. :-)  I misread, or
applied the statement to the wrong thing at least!  As I said, the
(relatively small) list of hashes is fine to use in the script. It can
be a jumpstart to a larger list, at least.

Not at all; I should be more clear.

No worries. That's why I posted for clarification and to make some
comments... I appreciate your taking the time to answer.

Regards,
Sullo