Nmap Development mailing list archives

HTTP Brute Force NSE script

From: João <3rd.box () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 04:13:07 -0300

Hey there,

Today I was studying about coding in NSE and for such task I've tried
to develop a simple script. I've based myself in the other scripts
that are available with nmap and I've written a small script for
performing HTTP Brute Forcing based on wordlists.

Of course it is very slow by now. I've used only functions that are
already done in nselib. Soon I'll try to write a few more functions to
improve performance (such as pipelined http requests).

For the script work properly, the user is supposed to have two
wordlists on the same dir as the script. The files are passwords.lst
and usernames.lst, and they both have a list of usernames and
passwords (kind of obvious :-).

Of course a lot of things can also be improved in the script, since it
is the first script I've written using nse.

Thank you very much,
João