Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Buffering problems in ssh2.lua

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:05:31 -0600

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 08:34:22PM -0300, Joao Correa wrote:
Here follows a second patch, where I've implemented a function to read
the packet accordingly to what David suggested. The following patch
have been tested on the same conditions of the previous one, finding
valid results with fragmented packets or not.

Nice job. This works for me. Using receive_buf is a clever approach I
didn't think of.

You're right, receiving part of the next packet is something that
probably can't happen with ssh-hostkey. But it might happen with scripts
that do other things in the future.

Does ssh1.lua have the same problem, and can it be fixed in the same
way?

David Fifield