Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Last FreeBSD Ports Patch for a bit

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 01:51:33 -0700

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 06:17:15PM -0400, Jay Fink wrote:
All,

Turns out the only patch from freebsd-current ports that can go into
nmap-current is one similar to the last, the rest of the patches are
already in or not needed. Tested on FreeBSD-current and
[...]
-#ifdef WIN32
+#if defined(WIN32) || (defined(FREEBSD) && (__FreeBSD_version < 500000))
          apcopy = ap;
 #else
     va_copy(apcopy, ap); /* Needed in case we need to do a second vsnprintf */

Thanks Jay.  Does FreeBSD before 5.0 lack va_copy(), or is there some
other reason this is done?  Maybe what we should really do is test for
va_copy in configure (and leave it undefined on Windows) and then
change this section into a HAVE_VA_COPY define test.

Cheers,
-F