Nmap Development mailing list archives

http-date.nse

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 14:49:08 -0600

Hi,

I was thinking about information disclosure, and how you can get the
system clock setting of a remote system through certain scripts like
daytime.nse and smb-os-detection.nse. Another technique that's likely to
work against a lot of systems is to read the Date header field in an
HTTP response. Attached is an http-date.nse script that shows the date
reported by any HTTP-like service. It works for HTTP, HTTPS, and IPP,
and probably lots of other protocols.

I don't know if this on its own is enough to be included, but it could
be extended to show a message when a remote clock is set incorrectly.

David Fifield