Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: DNS broken in 5.21

From: Simon <nmap-dev () the-jedi co uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:29:50 +0100

On 01/29/2010 03:13 AM, Fyodor wrote:

[snip]
Interesting.  Has anyone else been able to reproduce this?  I just
tried installing the 5.21 RPMs on 64-bit F11.  DNS worked fine from
Nmap whether nscd was running or not.  I don't presently have a F12
machine to try.

Yes, I don't want to waste your time if its something to do with how I
setup my machines (no IPv6 for a start) also nscd isn't enabled by
default on Fedora.

I currently build the RPMs by statically compiling them on CentOS 5.3,
which corresponds to RHEL 5.3.  It is worth noting that when you
statically compile Nmap on Linux, you get (and have for years) these
warnings:

[...]
That sounds like that could be the problem then, I assume F12 is
self-hosting and so the Fedora packagers compile on F12, so don't have
the glibc mismatch.

Maybe we should just wait for the Fedora guys to package up F12 RPM's,
although I think they've only just done 5.00 and have no ncat/zenmap.

Simon.