Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] detector/exploit for CVE-2009-3733 (VMWare Path Traversal)

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:50:08 -0600

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:41:12 -0800 rilian4 rilian4 <rilian4 () gmail com> wrote:
Interesting read. I went on to read your psexec blog entries while I was
there. That led me to check out the various included lua config files for
smb-psexec. In your experimental.lua file, I found a note saying you
couldn't get fport to run for you through the script. I decided to play w/
it. I uncommented everything and changed upload to false. I manually put
fport in the system path on my target box and ran smb-psexec w/ admin creds
and your experminental config and it proceeded to dump copious amount of
output just as one would expect. Is it possible that your upload of
fport.exe is not making it into a folder that is listed in the path
variable?
Thanks for the comments!

By the way, nicely done on smb-psexec. There are oh so many ways this could
be useful. Consider, for example, uploading psinfo.exe from sysinternals and
running psinfo w/ argument: -h. That shows all installed hotfixes on the
box. argument -s would show all installed software on the box. -d would show
disk volume info, etc. Thanks for writing this!
Hmm, if psexec can get that information, I can probably get it remotely a better way, too. Interesting idea! :)

Aaron