Nmap Development mailing list archives

Request to translators: profile editor strings

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 14:17:20 -0700

Zenmap translators,

I recently changed the Zenmap localization system to extract strings
from the profile editor. Because those strings were stored in a separate
data file, the profile editor was still in English even if the rest of
the interface was translated.

In .po files in the share/zenmap/locale directory you will find the new
strings. It would be nice to have translations for those. Some
translations need to be updated for new strings in the source code as
well.

Some translations are not in the most recent version of the .po files,
because the strings they were based on have changed. There's an option
to keep "fuzzy" translations, but it was giving me bad results, with
translations that I could tell were wrong. You might have to find some
translations in a previous revision of the file or your own personal
copy.

David Fifield