Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Qscan in NSE: qscan.nse

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:10:23 -0500

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:32:27 -0700 Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 01:59:04AM -0500, Ron wrote:
Ahh, I wasn't running it as root -- I don't have root on that
system. I'll try it properly tomorrow.

I blame St Patrick's day. :)

Thanks for testing.  And I suppose the script should probably give an
error in verbose mode for the first host it runs against if it is not
going to work for this reason.  That way at least people who specify
it explicitly on the command line should get the error thanks to the
verbosity bump in that case.

Cheers,
-F
Hmm, yeah, I agree. Pretty much all my scripts, with a couple exceptions, will print out *something* if they run and
nmap.debugging()>0. The only time I don't is when the odds of a script actually doing something are minimal.

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org