Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] DB2 library and scripts

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:50:04 -0400

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net> wrote:
Hi again,

I'm attaching yet another version of the DB2-brute script.
In this version, I've used the excellent code provided by Patrick (thanks!) and changed the behavior/design according
to Fyodor's suggestions [1].
I'm also providing some *very* simple benchmarking of this new script and the old single threaded one running against
DB2 on Linux.

Looks good!

So this rudimentary benchmark suggests a 25% performance increase when running with 10 threads.
Increasing the threads to 20 by using the db2-brute.threads argument did not show any additional performance increase.

Do you think this is the server throttling or a performance problem in NSE?

--
- Patrick Donnelly