Nmap Development mailing list archives

NCat Proxy Support

From: Florian Roth <Neo.X () web de>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:32:33 +0100

I have problems using the NCat proxy feature.

I tried to connect to a webserver outside the company network using:

ncat -vvv --proxy proxy.company.com:8080 --proxy-auth myuser:mypass
www.google.com 80

It says "Ncat: Could not resolve hostname www.google.com. QUITTING."
which is absolutely correct as a client within the networks is not
allowed to resolve hostnames in the internet.
The Proxy is the one that should do that task.

Nevertheless Ncat fails to proceed and send the GET Request with the DNS
name to the proxy. It should transfer the Request to the proxy instead
of exiting due to the failed name resolution.
Or do I miss something important?

Thanks and Regards

--
Sincerely