Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NCat Proxy Support - Proxy-Authenticate

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 01:05:32 -0800

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 04:12:56PM +0100, Florian Roth wrote:

My NCat Proxy authentication fails due to a proxy server issue caused by
a authentication string in ALL CAPS.

/* HTTP HEADER of proxy response*/

Proxy-Authenticate: NEGOTIATE
Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM
Proxy-Authenticate: BASIC realm="Company Internet Access"

I guess that the string compare should be case insensitive. I'm not sure
if that fixes the issue.

You are right about that. RFC 2616 says, "Quotation marks surround
literal text. Unless stated otherwise, the text is case-insensitive." I
changed the comparisons to be case-insensitive.

If you are compiling from source, you can try r21227.

David Fifield