Nmap Development mailing list archives

hddtemp-info.nse

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:30:01 +0200

  hello

I just finished writing an nse script that gets hard disk information
from hddtemp service. See the attachment. To try the script out you
could install hddtemp on an Ubuntu system by commanding: sudo apt-get
install hddtemp

The installation asks whether or not you want to run the service
automatically. By default it runs on localhost only so auto-starting
it should be relatively safe. After installing hddtemp you may run the
script by saying: nmap --script=hddtemp-info.nse -p 7634 127.0.0.1

For some reason the script seems to work every time for localhost,
most of the time within a LAN, but only sometimes over the Internet. I
am suspecting this to be a bug/feature in comm.get_banner, as I do not
do anything special that might cause the error. Using ncat I am able
to get the same information every time, even over the Internet.

Any suggestions of what might cause the problem?

  cheers, --Toni