Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Improved version of ms-sql-info

From: Chris Woodbury <chris3e3 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 03:25:29 -0600

Patrik-

Thanks for the suggestions. I went ahead and built a class that fully
implements the PreLogin packet (both client->server and
server->client). It's much more robust on its own, and I also added
some more error-handling and rigor throughout.

I have two different flavors, depending on what's easier for you (and
others) to review and test out:
1) A stand-alone version of ms-sql-info.nse [1], which should work
with the existing mssql.lua.
2) Updated versions of ms-sql-info.nse [2] and mssql.lua [3][4], with
much of the code factored into mssql.lua.

Functionally, they are the same; the only differences are where the code is.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks
-chris

Attached:
[1] ms-sql-info_standalone.nse
[2] ms-sql-info_refactored.nse
[3] mssql.lua
[4] mssql_refactored.patch ([3] as a patch against r21987)