Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Feature request: scanning an AS

From: John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 19:16:32 +0100

On 16 March 2011 18:50, Ron <ron () skullsecurity net> wrote:

mak started writing a sqlite implementation for lua, but I don't think it ever happened.

I told him I'd give him a cookie when he finishes, though, and the offer stands. :)
well i would contribute to that cookie fund :)

Seriously, though, how bad would flat files be? I don't really know the size we're working with..
Below is the size of the text files from
http://geolite.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/
-rw-r--r--  1 jbond  staff   1.1M Mar  2 17:17 GeoIP.dat   ----- just
includes countries
-rw-r--r--  1 jbond  staff    28M Mar  3 04:46 GeoLiteCity.dat
----- includes cities
which are in my opinion to big considering that you may have to search
the file for each discovered ip (hopefully from memory).