Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Cleaning the Win build

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:43:10 -0700

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 03:16:23PM +0200, Gisle Vanem wrote:
but I do understand people that prefer to use MingW. Obviously, we can
make a few changes to improve our support for MingW. Since you have been
looking into the problem, could you please produce a patch that fixes
the issue and/or improves the existing header organization?

First we need to lay down some ground-rules for the Win-build. I suggest:

1. No local-headers should include other local-headers more than one level deep.

2. No local-headers should need to redefine things or define things twice (e.g.
  *win.h files with '#define HAVE_OPENSSL' in 4 places).

3. All system-headers should be included ahead of local ones.

These rules look fine to me.

David Fifield