Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: xmpp.nse

From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segooon () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:51:31 +0400

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:15 -0700, David Fifield wrote:
Please change the name of the script arguments you use: names like
"host" and "port" are too generic. Use this, for example:

host and port are not needed now.  I've left "xmpp.server_name" in case
server DNS name differs from the name XMPP server think it is.  I
couldn't find any public XMPP servers where it is a problem, but I feel
it might be significant somewhere.

I would prefer that the script not do a DNS SRV lookup.

Done.

I've cleanup the code a bit, added metainformation, added a check
whether TLS is required and error checking (if server_name is rejected
by the server).  If the server prints some error text, it is written to
NSE output, like this:

    PORT     STATE SERVICE
    5222/tcp open  xmpp-client
    | xmpp:
    |   Error:
    |    host-unknown

The script is tried on ejabberd and jabberd.

--
Vasiliy