Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: xmpp.nse

From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segooon () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 17:52:51 +0400

Hi,

New version.  Fixes:

  * Now it is checked whether subtags are inside of proper tags.
  * Output format is changed respecting to other scripts' outputs.
  * <c hash='...'> was analyzed by mistake :) hash algo doesn't mean anything
    valuable.  Now <c> is used to identify server version (ejabberd only
    yet, unfortunately.  Need more fingerprints!)

New features:

  * Numerous stream features added.  It should support all official features.
  * Added server vendor fingerprint by stream id attribute format with
    db of most popular server imlementations.  It should be trustworthy.

Known issues:

  * Sometimes a server doesn't send <stream:features> at all.  I use
    </stream:features> as a terminator of server output.  These are
    crasy servers, but the script should have some workaround.
  * Some stream id fingerprints lack testing, might confuse because of
    very similar id formats.
  * Need more <c> fingerprints!

I don't consider it as a complete script, but I'd like to follow
"release early, release often" strategy :)

I tried to test the script on some servers in these lists:

http://xmpp.org/xmpp-software/servers/
http://www.jabberes.org/servers/

Any corrections and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

--
Vasiliy