Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Huawei/H3C Local User enumeration script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 23:40:19 -0800

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 02:33:01PM -0700, Kurt Grutzmacher wrote:
Ok, other than the string output not coming out in the correct order
without sending a separate output_str, this looks much better.

Thanks, Kurt. Sorry for the delay. I've just merged your script in
r30211. I wonder, could you add an @xmloutput NSEDoc section to describe
the structured output? An example of this is
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/scripts/http-date.nse.

It also answers some questions I've had with trying to parse the NSE
data in XML output (missing key values for scripts). Is there a plan
to update all the scripts that currently are not doing this keyed
value output correctly?

We are doing scripts bit by bit as we get to them. I'm trying to
encourage new script authors to use structured output.

David Fifield