Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] isakmp aggressive mode and version detection

From: Jesper Kückelhahn <dev.kyckel () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 14:38:42 +0100

Hi List,

I'm currently working on a NSE script that extracts information from isakmp services. I'm planning on creating two
scripts; one for aggressive mode detection, and one for version detection. For the latter I'd like to use the vendor
ID's included in 'ike-scan'[1]. However, I'm a little worried about the licensing and copy right aspect, and I'm hoping
that someone could help me determine if inclusion of this file in nmap is possible. In order to extract version
information, some modifications to this file might be necessary, and also addition fingerprints will properly be added.
The following is a snippet of text from the header of the file including license information:

"
# The IKE Scanner (ike-scan) is Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Roy Hills,
# NTA Monitor Ltd.
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
# as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
# of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
"

Regards,
        Jesper

[1]: ike-scan: http://www.nta-monitor.com/wiki/index.php/Ike-scan_Documentation