Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] murmur-version Murmur server version detection script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:35:42 -0800

On Sun, Dec 09, 2012 at 08:39:57PM +0100, Marin Maržić wrote:
Here's an NSE service detection script for the Murmur service (the
server for Mumble, a voice communication client). It seems to be in
working order for all the versions it's supposed to detect. More info
can be found in the .nse description.

Thank you Marin. I have added your script. It was well written and I
only made a few small changes to the output.

I wonder if you can turn this script into a UDP payload for the purpose
of UDP scans not using version detection?
http://nmap.org/book/nmap-payloads.html

David Fifield