Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: LUA "Invalid Escape Sequence" error with NMAP 6.25

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:54:44 +0100

2012/12/15 Aaron Giuoco <afxdub () gmail com>:
Hi everyone,

I hope you can point me in the right direction.  I have a custom NSE script
that is throwing the error below in NMAP 6.25.  The script worked fine in
6.01.  I'm sure that I just need to make some adjustments because of the
Lua upgrade, but I don't know what is wrong.  Script is attached.

Starting Nmap 6.25 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-12-15 08:40 Central Standard
Time

NSE: failed to initialize the script engine:
nmap-6.25/nse_main.lua:659: Bad script rule:
        http-screenshot-html.nse ->  invalid escape sequence near '\U'
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        nmap-6.25/nse_main.lua:659: in function 'get_chosen_scripts'
        nmap-6.25/nse_main.lua:1239: in main chunk
        [C]: in ?

QUITTING!

Hello,

I gave a quick try at your script against latest SVN version. I can't
reproduce the bug you described but got two other ones.

You first need to import stdnse (local stdnse = require "stdnse") and
the 'ret' variable (in function portaction) should be declared as
local. You might want (need?) to declare you *action functions as
local too.

I don't have wkhtmltoimage installed, so I can't test it furter but
with the fixes above things seem to run smoothly. Is the file you sent
exactly the one you're trying to run? Could it be that it's corrupted
or something?

Regards

--
Henri