Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Patch] nsock/tests/tests_main.c

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:33:17 +0200

2013/8/12 Gisle Vanem <gvanem () broadpark no>:
"Henri Doreau" <henri.doreau () gmail com> wrote:

Why do they both initialize winsock with different version numbers?

Probably not important. But if one needs IPv6 functions from Winsock,
I imagined one must use MAKEWORD(2,2). Since addrset.c tests IPv6 (if
available), it seems to need 2.2. I cannot see that nsock/tests need IPv6.
Besides, I cannot confirm 2.2 with IPv6 since I run Win-XP without IPv6
installed.

Thanks. I've changed it to 2.2 for nsock as well, to my understanding
this is what we want, even though there are no IPv6 tests yet.

Does the simple patch attached sound good to you? I've stripped down
the ANSI colors part. On trunk I simply print results without anything
fancy when running on windows. They're not important and I'd like to
keep it very simple. I'd actually rather use no colors at all than
have complex platform-specific initialization code just for that.

Okay with me.

I've committed the ncat patch as r31789 and the nsock one as r31790.
Can you confirm if it works for you? Let me know if you find other
issues.

Regards

--
Henri