Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Script submission: targets-ipv6-wordy

From: Raul Fuentes <ra.fuentess.sam () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 15:53:55 +0200

The file hex-wordy-en.lst contains:
c001
50fa
The generated addresses will be:
0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:50fa:50fa
0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:c001:50fa
0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:50fa:c001
0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:c001:c001
If the wordlist has N entries and the number of segments is M, the
generated addresses will be N^M.

Hello, Everardo,  I didn't  made that part on Lua due is not exactly needed
to recreate for each execution (and will take too much time and resources,
something which already the IPv6 scripts already have as weak point).  I
was thinking on use a ruby script doing something similar to the N^M
operation to a final db (a vile file text)  but   separated from Nmap, and
then NSE script would read that DB.  However, I'm not sure if you are
planning to do this for the wordly script (which read from a DB).

Atte. Raul Fuentes