oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Vendor-sec hosting and future of closed lists

From: Eugene Teo <eugene () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:44:50 +0800

On 03/16/2011 12:07 PM, Menkhus, Mark (GSE Security HP SSRT) wrote:
[...]
Not being the one fixing the code for our kernel left me with little to
immediately contribute, but I requested and coordinated with several folks
who got vendor sec for HP.  Likely, we would still want to be part of
vendor-sec.new.

Many of the kernel vulnerabilities I have seen over the past two years at least, were reported and fixed upstream. Only a handful of them were reported privately. I can't remember when was the last time we had a kernel issue reported via vendor-sec. There were, but it must have been quite some time ago. LKML is still one of the better places to find vulnerabilities :) Contributions welcomed.

Eugene
--
main(i) { putchar(182623909 >> (i-1) * 5&31|!!(i<7)<<6) && main(++i); }