oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Vendor-sec hosting and future of closed lists

From: Mark J Cox <mjc () redhat com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 08:08:03 +0000 (GMT)

This certainly underscores that very few flaws need vendor-sec
coordination, but I would suspect that out of those roughly 725 flaws,
many of the really critical ones came through vendor-sec.

Actually, not so much. Of the flaws we rated impact critical or with a CVSS of 'high', only 4 were from that 29 from vendor-sec.

I'm also curious what "issues already public but found out about it on
vendor-sec" means?

It's where the date the issue was public is the same date it was reported to vendor-sec. This can be because it was brought to the wrong list, the embargo was a day or less, or less often vendors wanted to discuss something about it confidentially (a way to exploit it, etc)

Mark