oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Closed list

From: Marcus Meissner <meissner () suse de>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 23:52:29 +0200

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 02:03:12PM -0400, Josh Bressers wrote:
Hello everyone,

This topic has lost focus lately. Rather than let it slip away, I think we
should go ahead with the simplest solution right now, we can always do
something different at a future date.

Openwall has graciously volunteered to run a new list, and they currently
have some infrastructure in place to do this. The new list can start up
right away. In this instance, I fear perfect is the enemy of the good. I'd
rather see something functional in place than nothing.

Yes, I doubt perfection could be reached ;)

Here is the plan for initial membership (this is also approved by
Openwall).

Initial members will have had to be a vendor-sec member (no exploders this
time around). You must reply to this thread, in public (on oss-security).
We want this to be very public, we have nothing to hide. You must have a
public gpg key ID included in your reply. The new list will gpg encrypt all
mail (it does accept plaintext messages though).

pub   1024D/0175623E 2003-11-21
      Key fingerprint = D33B C5C3 C0CC 59B6 3989  D77B EA7B F397 0175 623E
uid                  Marcus Meissner <meissner () suse de>
uid                  Marcus Meissner <meissner () novell com>
sub   1024g/EA43E05E 2003-11-21

Ciao, Marcus