PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Enterprise Full Disk Encryption

From: tkrabec at gmail.com (Tim Krabec)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:26:02 -0500

Securitycatalyst.org/forums has a few topics on it.  I know several of the
people there have implemented or are implementing FDE on several (50+)
machines
here is one of the threads
http://www.securitycatalyst.org/forums/index.php?topic=193.0 (you need to be
logged in)

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 10:39 AM, xgermx <xgermx at gmail.com> wrote:

I'm getting bids from HP and Dell on laptops (about 100). Does anyone
have experience with their respective full disk encryption solutions?
The reps I've talked too (from both companies) can't really give me
the technical information that I want, and the information on both
websites is outdated (2007).
I've also considered going with TrueCrypt (I have the most experience
with this and it's free, but there's not a good way to centrally
manage it).
Your thoughts?