PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Enterprise Full Disk Encryption

From: gbugbear at gmail.com (Bugbear)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:30:27 -0500

We use PGP WDE

Pros are:

Central Management and Policy Control
AD integration if desired (password policy control)
One time tokens that can be used for end user when they forget their
passphrase when theyt are offsite
Server is Linux and is fully supported in ESX environment

Cons:

Not Inexpensive
Tracks users by username not computer - so users that use multiple encrypted
systems can be an issue. (they are working on this for next version). Not
really an issue as a limitation / annoyance. Remove a computer whose user is
on another computer and it leaves a ghost computer in the console unless you
rejoin all the computers that user uses to Universal Server. You dont have -
other systems are fine but like I said more of annoyance than anything.

Just another take on it

Tim Mugherini

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Raffi Jamgotchian