PaulDotCom mailing list archives

3rd Annual Podcaster's Meetup @ ShmooCon - Final Update

From: jd.mubix at gmail.com (Rob Fuller)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 01:24:56 -0500

3rd Annual Podcaster's Meetup @ ShmooCon
Final Update
Any further updates will be posted to http://twitter.com/podcastmeetup and
http://www.podcastersmeetup.com/

First I want to thank everyone for their support. Without it, this event
wouldn't be possible. We have added two new sponsors since the last time I
sent an email out: Brawndo <http://www.brawndo.com/> and
Astaro<http://www.astaro.com/>. We
have also changed the schedule around a bit:
New Schedule (FRIDAY NIGHT - Feb 6 - ):
1930 - 2000 - Setup time
2000 - 2100 - Live show (afterward is a transition / book signing)
2100 - 2200 - FireTalks (Jack Daniel and Chris Gates have the first two
slots, 2 more available)
2200 ???- HacDC party

SATURDAY NIGHT - FireTalks will start at 2000 and go until the fire dies
down.

As you can see, we are crashing the HacDC party to close out the night. More
information can be found here:
http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php?title=Shmoocon_Party

The address is: 1525 Newton St NW, Washington DC 20010 USA - (Near corner of
16th and Newton NW)
About 1.7 miles from the Wardman Park. They have room and booze, so it's
going to be worth the drive or walk.

Now the part that everyone actually cares about, the prizes, here are just a
few of the cooler ones
Prizes:

   - Flip Camera
   - Drobo
   - Free SANS at Home Course
   - 64 GB flash drive
   - 5 HoneyPoint Personal licenses

Complete List of Sponsors:

   - Hewlett Packard
   - The Academy Home / The Academy Pro
   - Trusted Signal
   - DojoSec
   - Sunbelt Software
   - SANS at Home
   - Brawndo
   - Astaro

Complete List of Podcasts Participating:

   - Hak5
   - PaulDotCom
   - CyberSpeak
   - Securabit
   - Security Justice
   - SploitCast
   - Unpersons
   - Phone Losers of America
   - SMBMinute

As stated above, this is the last update until Friday. Hope to see you
there!

Rob (mubix) Fuller
http://www.podcastersmeetup.com/