PaulDotCom mailing list archives

3rd Annual Podcaster's Meetup @ ShmooCon - Final Update

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 11:36:22 +0000

I like the prizes, what do we have to do to win them?

I've still got the copy of RHEL 2 sat on my shelf from the scavenger
hunt last year!

Robin

2009/2/3 Rob Fuller <jd.mubix at gmail.com>:
3rd Annual Podcaster's Meetup @ ShmooCon
Final Update
Any further updates will be posted to http://twitter.com/podcastmeetup and
http://www.podcastersmeetup.com/

First I want to thank everyone for their support. Without it, this event
wouldn't be possible. We have added two new sponsors since the last time I
sent an email out: Brawndo and Astaro. We have also changed the schedule
around a bit:
New Schedule (FRIDAY NIGHT - Feb 6 - ):
1930 - 2000 - Setup time
2000 - 2100 - Live show (afterward is a transition / book signing)
2100 - 2200 - FireTalks (Jack Daniel and Chris Gates have the first two
slots, 2 more available)
2200 ???- HacDC party
SATURDAY NIGHT - FireTalks will start at 2000 and go until the fire dies
down.
As you can see, we are crashing the HacDC party to close out the night. More
information can be found
here: http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php?title=Shmoocon_Party
The address is: 1525 Newton St NW, Washington DC 20010 USA - (Near corner of
16th and Newton NW)
About 1.7 miles from the Wardman Park. They have room and booze, so it's
going to be worth the drive or walk.
Now the part that everyone actually cares about, the prizes, here are just a
few of the cooler ones
Prizes:

Flip Camera
Drobo
Free SANS at Home Course
64 GB flash drive
5 HoneyPoint Personal licenses

Complete List of Sponsors:

Hewlett Packard
The Academy Home / The Academy Pro
Trusted Signal
DojoSec
Sunbelt Software
SANS at Home
Brawndo
Astaro

Complete List of Podcasts Participating:

Hak5
PaulDotCom
CyberSpeak
Securabit
Security Justice
SploitCast
Unpersons
Phone Losers of America
SMBMinute

As stated above, this is the last update until Friday. Hope to see you
there!
Rob (mubix) Fuller
http://www.podcastersmeetup.com/