PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Ideas for Securing my FTP Server

From: raffi at flossyourmind.com (Raffi Jamgotchian)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:15:41 -0400

There are some Snort signatures that claim to detect "potential" brute
force attacks but it seems to detect many hundreds/thousands of
attempts within a few minutes.  You can modify that or looking at some
of the bleeding edge/emerging threat signatures.

The simplest thing may be to have a script review your FTP logs and
notify you if there are multiple unsuccessful logins.