PaulDotCom mailing list archives

SMB Security Event Management Tool

From: tkrabec at gmail.com (Tim Krabec)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 20:01:53 -0400

take a look at activeworx they released a log management tool that is free,
similar to the other free one that is out.

more details later...

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Chris Merkel <cmerkel at gmail.com> wrote:

"The software cannot be used in conjunction with any other log
management or SIEM product "

Now, I understand it's for a SMB, but still.  If I choose to use their
product, am I now legally not allowed to use any other event
management software?  That's crazy..  Hopefully, I'm just reading that
wrong.

I think that means that they don't want you to use the Q1 to feed data
into a larger SEIM or log management software, thus depriving them or
another vendor of remote log collector licensing.

- Chris Merkel