PaulDotCom mailing list archives

SMB Security Event Management Tool

From: neils.christoffersen at gmail.com (Neils Christoffersen)
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:35:20 -0500

Q1 also uses ariel in its QRadar product (not sure about the free version).

On 4/9/09, Dan McGinn-Combs <dgcombs at gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone tried Juniper's STRM set of products?
I had a pitch by them the other day touting their use of a proprietary
database called Ariel (yeah... under the sea. I know) which solves not only
your alerting, reporting and forensics issues but also world hunger and
peace in the Middle East.

After having used MySQL back ends before, I'm a little less than thrilled by
products that incorporate that as a repository for XXX log items per second.

Dan

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:02 PM, airwolf airwolf <airwolf.security at gmail.com