PaulDotCom mailing list archives

small business security statistics

From: cclymer at gmail.com (Chris Clymer)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:00:54 -0400

I cant quote stats, but if youre wondering if this is really happening
the answer is yes.  That sort of ACH fraud is exactly what the Zeus
botnet malware does, and its a very popular flavor of malware.

Small businesses are targetted because the criminal is more likely to
have success infecting a pc, as well as move money before someone
notices.  While many FIs require seperate users to create and release
an ACH transfer, small businesses will often choose to have a single
employee perform both, often from the same PC.

Google the zeus malware and youll find lots written on this

Sent from my iPhone