PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: breaking in to security, trying to get answers

From: Kevin Shaw <kevin.lee.shaw () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 06:30:11 -0500

I went the start from scratch route, after doing help desk then moving to
something like post sales and QA, my resume was picked off monster because
I was located near the place that needed entry level type intrusion
analysts. Back then getting moved or promoted into other areas was easy if
you demonstrated aptitude and a willingness to learn more. I think the same
holds true today, but finding those doors in can be harder with established
SOCs and similar who often are more critical of experience and may be
looking for more senior people. You almost need an internship type program.