PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Netbook & Distro for Bob

From: Arch Angel <arch3angel () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:03:30 -0400

PJ makes a good point about the eee pc having a tight keyboard.  I tried
using it because the platform in general was awesome, but the smaller keys
and cramped keyboard made difficult for me.

When looking at the Aspire One netbooks look at the newer releases.  The
early released models were an absolute nightmare to upgrade ram.  Not that
it was physically hard just very time consuming.   I have a newer version
and it have the typical trap door you unscrew two screws and pop out the
RAM.  Also there are extended batteries, but I've found no matter which
netbook you get the extended batteries are nearly same cost as the netbook
itself.

My Aspire One model is D250-1151 manufactured in 09/2009.

If you or anyone else will be at DerbyCon this September I am more than
happy to bring my three netbooks so you can test drive different flavors.

Robert
(arch3angel)