PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Information overload

From: Arch Angel <arch3angel () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 23:25:54 -0500

I also agree Evernote for the win!

They have said everything else as to why, enough said, go use it :-)

--

Thank you,

Robert Miller
http://www.armoredpackets.com

Twitter: @arch3angel

On 11/30/12 3:36 PM, Jason Jarvis wrote:
I'm bombarded with articles to read, presentations to watch, new tools to try and new versions of existing tools to try. This list
grows faster than I can get through them so I need to store them for when I have spare time to read, watch and try out tools. Once
I've tried and tested tools I like to make note of the commands and switches to use as I'm getting old and can't remember
every switch for every command.

Does anyone have tips for storing all of this information. I've thought about writing up articles once I've tested everything and storing them
as a blog locally on my Mac to reference during a pentest but this takes time too. There's plugins for Chrome for the Mac and apps for the iPhone
which sync but I don't want to simply store a link to a website as if I'm onsite during a test and Internet access isn't permitted then
I'm stuffed.

Ideally I want something that is local, quick and easy to store for later, but that can be structured sufficiently that
I can find the information quickly should I need it.

Any ideas?