PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: [Security Weekly] Multiple video box

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 22:40:37 +0000

On 27 February 2014 00:06,  <admin () smartwave-wireless com> wrote:
Hi, I dont know if a few of these would do it:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC4879

"USB to DVI Adaptor  RRP $69.95

Enabling the addition of up to six extra displays, this adaptor allows you
to add high-resolution graphics without having to add a graphics card - just
connect it to any USB 2.0 port. Ideal for gamers, conference or AV rooms,
POS systems or industrial applications.

? Video output with DVI connecter
? Supports VGA/HDMI video output via DVI-VGA/DVI-HDMI adapter
? Easily connects additional monitors using a USB 2.0 cable
? Mirror or extend computer display workspace
? Resolution: up to 1,920 x 1,080 pixels at 32-bit colours
? No external power supply needed
? Supports Vista Aero

or a review of similar:
IOGEAR USB HD Video Adapter Review
http://www.everythingusb.com/iogear-usb-hd-video-adapter-21132.html

cheers,

HaQue

I've already got one of those which is part of the problem, it works
fine in Windows and I can drive all three desktop screens and laptop
screen but the Linux X drivers are a bit flaky and for some reason get
unloaded as soon as the Intel drivers load. It is a known issue so I'm
trying to ditch it and merge all three screens so I can drive them off
the internal card.

Robin