Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] hacking oracle questions

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:28:08 -0800

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, anindya wrote:

Hi folks,

      I have some questions about hacking Oracle, specifically
version 7.x or 8.x. I have a DBA access account, and can query
the SYS.* tables no problem. I also have access to the tnsnames.ora
file, so I know the SIDs and where the listeners are. I should
mention the target is on an NT 4.0 box.

What's your goal?  To muck with the DB itself, the NT box it's on, or get
through it to something else?

1) How do I discover what table names exist in a particular Oracle database
   i.e. the schema? Once I have the table names, I can use the
   "describe" command in svrmgrl to get the columns in the
   table , but apparently there is no easy way to get the
   table names themselves..

http://www.oracle.com/oramag/code/cod10177.html

Also, nearly all DBs that support stored procedures give you a mechanism
for calling external programs:

http://www.oracle.com/oramag/oracle/99-Jan/19or8.html

Do you have rights to create stored procedures?

Also, completely unrelated, but while I was searching this stuff up, the
Oracle web pages kept popping up this kind of stuff in the page body:

expires=Friday, 30-Nov-2001 19:11:31 GMT; Content-type: text/html
Set-Cookie:
                                ORA_UID=SEARCH_2881945; expires=Friday,
30-Nov-2001 19:11:31 GMT;

I guess everybody screw up once in a while (it was gone a few minutes
later.) :)

                                        Ryan